Thursday, December 09, 2004

Nonsense

when i was younger, i was told that friendship was golden. i forget what asshole in the long series of childhood assholes fed me that piece of horseshit. and i am unclear why i feel so jaded and resentful of old friends who have come and gone and come back again. you were a fucking ghost. now you're the undead, and i can't recall the resurrection etiquette. can't fathom it. i've broken my drinking sabbatical, cuz i need a fucken drink today. i am numb, and i need to feed the numb. you were the one who taught me who the assholes were. you showed me ugliness in fear, what it can destroy, and you crammed more fear down my throat today. and i know you. and i remember knowing you, and still i am a stranger to you. all the while, your number two is being quietly filed into the back of my head. your sidekick. shadow. can't do it all over again. won't. ah...hell. i'll just quote bob dylan

well it ain't no use to sit and wonder why babe
if'n you don't know by now
and it ain't no use to sit and wonder why babe
it'll never do somehow
when your rooster crows at the break of dawn
look out your window and i'll be gone.
you're the reason i'ma travellin on
but don't think twice
it's alright

and it ain't no use in turnin on your light babe
the light i never know'd
and it ain't no use in turnin on your light babe
i'm on the dark side of the road
but i wish there was something you would do or say
to try and make me change my mind and stay
but we never did too much talkin anyway
but don't think twice
it's alright.

No comments: